Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Miscommunication

I think I've come to realize something.
This proverbial dream is nothing.
What is to love?
And be loved?
Cory and Dapanga were meant for each other
Chuck and Blair, too.
But why is this always on tv,
never happening to you.
You can pour your heart out
Til you just want to jump and shout
But like the Little Match Girl
The match always burns out.
Flickering images of moments you hold so dear
Bring heartache and pain when that light turns out.
Loving with a fire red now its turning blue
until the mirror tells you the truth.
Mirror Mirror on the wall
Who is the fairest of them all?
Pieces of glass stick to your sole
As you walk across the burning sands.
Is it better to love and lose then never love at all?
Trace the lines across your hands
And see what your future demands.
Even what appears to be
That archetypal relationship
Cracks and shatters when no one is there to see.
The ones on Mount Olympus are thought to be at the highest peak
But I'll remind you, nothing is as it seems
It's Mount Everest that they seek.
So that begs the question, how deep is your love?
Is it love that we aim for or just that peak?
We pretend to be amicable people
We act, so to speak.
But you have to work from the ground up.
A tree with no roots is dead to me.
We like to skip that part.
Forget the pretenses and act our part.
Cause that tree is looking pretty bare to me
Or maybe that's just cause I'm looking up
Knowing that will never be me so I hardly speak
Where do they come from? All the lonely people
Wishing they could reach that peak
So again I'll ask, how deep is your love?
Cause if you take it apart
You might see that inversion
Like Homer and Bart
They seem like the same person.
Real talk
They're nothing alike
Especially when I say epic poet.
But that's part of the equation
Miscommunication.







No comments:

Post a Comment